Sunair Aviation is a proud partner of SkyWest Airlines! Sunair students who meet the requirements may apply to become a pilot cadet through SkyWest’s Pilot Pathway Program! If selected, Sunair students will receive unmatched opportunities to interact with SkyWest pilots, and they’ll gain experience that will help them as they transition to becoming a commercial pilot. SkyWest will be participating in career fairs and hiring events and will be conducting on-site interviews and presentations at Sunair Aviation (TBA).
Become a SkyWest Cadet
The SkyWest Pilot Pathway Program provides a direct path for exceptional pilots with a desire to take control of their aviation careers. Enhanced seniority, guaranteed final interview, and access to pilot mentors are just a few of the upgrades students can receive by becoming a SkyWest Cadet on your way to becoming one of SkyWest’s nearly 4,000 professional pilots.
Unlike an internship, the Pilot Pathway Program allows students to remain at Sunair to complete their flight training until they are able to meet SkyWest’s Airline Transport Pilot standards. Each cadet will be individually mentored by SkyWest pilots and may have the opportunity to participate in SkyWest recruiting events and outreach programs.
The SkyWest Pathway program prepares a clear path for pilots to launch their career at SkyWest airlines, where you enjoy the strong culture of professionalism, teamwork, and success that SkyWest is known for. Why Wait? Take control of your career now! APPLY NOW at www.skywest.com to start your SkyWest career!
SkyWest Pilot cadets enjoy:
- Increased seniority within their ground school class
- An employee number at SkyWest Airlines and credit for time as a cadet for the purposes of benefit eligibility and company seniority
- Opportunities to interact with and receive mentorship from SkyWest pilots
- Leisure travel privileges at the time the cadet has met minimum qualifications to become a first officer and within 30 days of starting SkyWest ground school
- A guaranteed final interview for a first officer position with SkyWest Airlines!
SkyWest Pilot Pathway Program Minimum Requirements
- Currently an Instructor for a flight school aviation program
- Must possess a valid driver’s license
- Hold a commercial multi-engine and instrument pilot certificate
- Hold a current First Class Medical
- No more than three failed check rides (stage checks do not apply)
- Organizational skills and advanced ability to multi task
- Communication skills, both orally and in writing
|SkyWest Route Map||SkyWest Aircraft Fleet|